Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski

Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski| Review

Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski
Published by      Irene Helenowski on September 14, 2012
Pages                287

Purchase Book 
AmazonBarnes & Noble

Connect with Author      
(GoodreadsTwitterFacebook)

Summary:
When Jane Kremowski first began her graduate studies in physics at Madison State University in Wisconsin, little did she know where her work would take her. Now, she is embroiled in a multitude of dimensions all leading to different outcomes. She and her colleagues therefore must act wisely in order to take and keep away the Order of Dimension from falling into the wrong hands for the sake of her loved ones.


What I think:
Now while Science Fiction is right up there in my list of  top five favorite genres of movies and TV shows (It comes in at a close second right behind paranormal/supernatural); I can't really say that I have read a lot SciFi books. The main character in the story is Jane Kremowski; Jane is a physicist who with the help of other physicists has come up with a device called a "multiverser" which in theory is supposed to transport matter between different dimensions. Jane however has a secret; she has been using the multiverser to transport herself between dimensions. Jane thinks she is the only person who knows about the fact that she is jumping dimensions but little does she know that Dr. Zelov has been watching her. Now Dr. Zelov I have to say is my favorite character in the story. I have always preferred the antagonists in stories (Lord Voldemort, Zod, Loki and Lex Luther are my all time favorites). He comes off as the typical antagonist in a story; he wants to take over the world ("Pinky &the Brain" anyone?). What I realize after a while is his obsession with Jane, you'll see this in the fact that whenever he manipulates the multiverser he goes to a dimension where he is married to Jane even though he knows very well that Jane has a boyfriend. So this makes me wonder, is it unrequited love? Or is he just obsessed with controlling everything and everyone. His character to me is the most complex and interesting one in the story.

"Well, I was just thinking ... it would be fascinating ... if we could incorporate several dimensions into one. To create a world optimal for everyone ... a New World Order, if you will,” Dr. Zelov continued.

In the story we see where Dr. Zelov's character has come up with an elaborate scheme to use the multiverser to control the world with a "new world order" (think "1984" or "Brave New World"). There is one instance in the novel where the history of a whole country and the nationality of various influential historical individuals were changed to glorify one country which, you guessed it is where Dr. Zelov is from (talk about arrogance!). Every time Dr. Zelov uses the multiverser to merge dimensions and control the world, Jane wakes up in a dimension where she is his wife. She along with her boyfriend Randy and other characters oppose Dr. Zelov and end up back in a dimension where he does not control them anymore. However when they return to the correct world nobody but her remembers. Jane is always aware of the dimension she is in, however other characters do not always know about it. So she finds herself living in constant fear that she might wake up in a different dimension where she may or may not enjoy it.

Now I am very open minded when it comes to stuff like human cloning, time travelling, super human powers and the works but there were times in the novel when I was utterly confused because it was not always obvious when The characters were "jumping" dimensions. However, the further I went into the story the better I became at telling whether or not the characters were switching dimensions.
I did not particularly like all the characters in the novel for example I could not stand Randy (Jane's boyfriend and husband in some dimensions). I often found myself wishing Jane would stay with Dr. Zelov instead of him. That is what I appreciated most about this novel, the author found a way to evoke different emotions based on the characters.
I can easily picture this book as a film. I found myself coming up with different actors or actresses I would love to see play each character (I can see Tom Hiddleston playing Dr. Zelov).

I think Irene Helenowski is a very unique writer; she thinks out of the normal story lines that is seen these days. The plot was great and the characters interesting. While some of the ideas that are described in the book are a little out there and sometimes a little too impossible, it was still in my opinion, a good read. The only hang up I have with this book is that while reading I felt that the thoughts were a little rushed at times with too much happening in one breath which was confusing sometimes. Apart from that however, I would definitely recommend it.

SincerelyYoursTheReader.


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12053239/?claim=h6xvsv4s6nq">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfection by R.L Mathewson

Playing for Keeps by R.L Mathewson

Breakable by Tammara Webber