Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy by Tammara Webber (Contours of the Heart #1)| Review


Easy by Tammara Webber

Published by Penguin Berkley on November 6, 2012
Pages            321

Purchase Book
AmazonBarnes & Noble

Connect with Author
(GoodreadsTwitterBlog)


Summary:
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.

                                What I think:                             
I came across this book on goodreads and was captivated by the summary; so I went out and got it. The story is about Jacqueline, a girl that was attacked at a party by her ex boyfriend’s friend at a frat party. This happened right at the beginning of the book and while this was shocking and managed to get some emotion out of me, I have to honestly say that the first few pages of the story were a little less than beguiling. The problem? Sometimes flashbacks are not particularly easy to write and I don’t really think this author did so well with it; there were times in when I was slightly confused as to where in story I was. I continued to read the story simply because of the fact that I absolutely hate not finishing a book and I try to avoid doing so as much as I can. So I continued reading in hopes that I made the right decision by buying the novel. Fortunately, it didn’t fail me because the story turned out to be as enthralling as the summary and it turned out to be a good read; so much so that I actually ended up giving it a 3 star rating on goodreads. Assault of any kind is a delicate and touchy topic but I think the writer did an excellent job. She showed the thoughts and actions of a victim after an attack and how such victims interact with other people around them. She also displayed how the community surrounding a victim can affect how he/she reacts to being attacked.

This book forces a reader to feel, it brings out emotions and causes readers to stop and think about their role in causing victims to stay silent in these situations. It has been a while since I've read a book that induced so much emotion in me; so much so there were times when I had to pause and put the book down because of its shock factor. While this story looks at assault, it is far from depressing and dark as one might expect. Jacqueline finds herself liking two guys, one is the guy that saved her from being assaulted and the other is her tutor. There were times when I found myself cheering equally for both of them as they were both great guys in their own way. The thing is both guys have a secret, something I found very funny and a very original move by the author.

My reason for giving this book 3 stars instead of 5 is very simple; the lack of a setting. I love a good description of a story’s setting and this book didn't have one. The most we got in terms of location is that they were in a college (with no name by the way). While many other people might not see this as an issue, I do, because a setting makes the story more real. This did not prevent me from enjoying the story however as the plot was well written.

All in all it’s a good read which I would recommend it.

SincerelyYoursTheReader.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing for Keeps by R.L Mathewson

Perfection by R.L Mathewson

Breakable by Tammara Webber