Perfection by R.L Mathewson

Perfection by R.L Mathewson (Neighbor from Hell #2)| Review

Perfections by R.L Mathewson

Published by Rerum Publishing House on August 26, 2011
Pages            278

Purchase Book
AmazonBarnes & Noble

Connect with Author
(GoodreadsTwitter)

Summary:
Zoe is used to taking care of herself and has long ago accepted that if anything bad was going to happen, it was going to happen to her. So when she loses her job over something most bosses would probably be happy with and her life starts going downhill from there she doesn't expect it to get any better. She certainly didn't expect any help from the loud jerk next door, but then again she has nothing to lose so puts her trust in him and hopes for the best. What she didn't expect was the once in a lifetime opportunity that he offers her through an arrangement where they both benefit and no one is supposed to get hurt, but she should have known better because her luck has never been that good.

Like most Bradfords, Trevor has a soft spot for food, but that's about all. He leads a pretty straightforward life and likes to keep things simple and that includes his relationships. He wants the perfect woman and knows exactly what she'll be like. So when he discovers much to his horror that he's thinking about his frumpy little neighbor he decides the best way to get his head straight is by working her out of his system. He'll keep her around, but only until he finds perfection.

What I think:


So this is book 2 in the ‘Neighbor from Hell’ series and I can honestly say the author is a genius. In this story we meet Zoe, a sweet, independent girl who's down on her luck. Her neighbor from hell is Trevor; Trevor is the ultimate jackass, he is the epitome of the word jerk. I honestly disliked Trevor for the entire novel, I just couldn’t stand him; hats off to the author for being so talented so as to evoke such emotion in me because I have never met a character that I truly disliked as much as I did Trevor. He’s entitled, superficial and his head is so far up his ass it’s unnatural.

This book shows that love doesn’t always come in the package that you might it to. I tend to shy away from book with weak women who have self hate issues, so at first I was apprehensive about reading it because I got the impression that was all I would get. Fortunately I decided to give it chance in hopes the author wouldn’t disappoint. Thankfully it wasn’t as bad as I thought, because while Zoe insecurities about her body, she is still a strong and independent woman. I appreciated that while it focuses on the very popular subject of body issues and what is or isn’t beautiful, it’s still funny and compelling; it’s not depressive and sad. It’s extremely rare when I find a female character that I truly like; I usually find myself being annoyed by the female character but I genuinely like Zoe. She knows what she wants and she’s not pathetic and definitely not the typical damsel in distress.

Regardless of my obvious aversion to the male character because of his complete lack of any redeeming quality, I truly I enjoyed this book. In my opinion, it’s simply his tragic flaw… don’t we all have those? It takes a really good author to write about such a character and still have a good story in the end because of the strength of the other characters in the novel.

SincerelyYoursTheReader.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing for Keeps by R.L Mathewson

Breakable by Tammara Webber